1. Stephan Koch from Yorktown, IN, is a SICE grad and on his was to becoming a Certified Master Carver. His piece is an inspiring carving of a break dancer.
|"Music Within" by Stephan Koch|
|"Catching Fire" by Jim Houser|
3. Richard Daly from Mastic Beach, NY, has in incredible eye for detail. This piece will have an alligator trying to catch the bird, hence the name.
|"Close Encounter" by Richard Daly|
4. Greg Butouski from Sunbury, OH, is a Certified Master Carver and has apprenticed many aspiring ice carvers. Two of them are in this competition.
|"The Reptilian" by Greg Butouski|
5. Jerry Perun is from Marcellis, NY, and has the most mysterious piece to me. I can not wait to see it all come together.
|"Flight of Peace" by Jerry Perun|
6. Stan Kolonko from Auburn, NY, is doing a peacock. This piece has changed dramatically from last night to today. The detail is impressive.
|"Cocked" by Stan Kolonko|
|"Family" by Aaron Costic|
8. Ben Goebel is from Whitmore Lake, MI and is the first one to do people (that I've seen so far). His piece is two scuba divers going for the same treasure.
|"The Great Race" by Ben Goebel|
9. David Smith is from Columbus, OH, and one of Greg Butouski's apprentices. He is new to the competition this year.
|"King of the Ring" by David Smith|
10. Brian Edwards is from Columbus, OH, and is an apprentice of Greg Butouski. The size of this piece is eye-catching.
|"Death before Dishonor" by Brian Edwards|
More photos on Instagram @grcc, #grcc, #siceicecarving and Secchia Institute for Culinary Education Facebook page!